On 9/11, we celebrate a Day of Service to commemorate the anniversary of the 9/11 attacks. Here are a few simple things you can do to prepare and participate!
- On 9/11, please share a personal message through the 9/11 Day website for the families of those lost, the injured, and the many others who rose in service to save lives and defend our nation.
- Join the 9/11 Day #MomentOfSilence on social media. At 8:46 a.m., and at five other times during the morning of 9/11, stay silent on social media for 60 seconds, and post just the hashtags #MomentOfSilence #911Day and #NeverForget.
- Follow 9/11 Day on Twitter and Facebook for special alerts and live broadcasts directly from the 9/11 Day projects in NYC.
- Make a donation of $9.11. A portion of the funding we receive will go to provide emergency food supplies for Hurricane Harvey victims.
- Search for volunteer opportunities in your community — you don’t need to volunteer on 9/11 itself. Many organizations need help every day. Any good deed you do counts!
If you’re a teacher, employer, or nonprofit, engage your students, colleagues and supporters in the 9/11 Day observance as well. There are great resources for free on their website, 911day.org, including lesson plans, toolkits, photos, videos, links to partner programs, and more.
Please join millions of other Americans who will be paying tribute and remembering the victims of the 9/11 attack through prayers, messages, and good deeds on September 11, 2017.
Send an email to email@example.com if you have any questions!